In the last century only 7 of the 185 winners of the Chemistry Nobel Prize have been women.
Congratulations to Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna (from left to right).
Sites for information on gender discrimination
- How female scientists can confront gender bias in the workplace
- Gender in the Global Research Landscape - Free report by Elsevier - Analysis of research performance through a gender lens across 20 years, 12 geographies, and 27 subject areas.
- 3 facts about gender equality in science and health
- UN Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls – Facts and Figures
- Journals and books on gender discrimination
- Story in "New Yorker" magazine about a woman at Tesla